Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The YA Flick Chick: The Maze Runner Movie Review

As you likely know, I normally review books on this blog. But, after coming home from a screening of The Maze Runner, I thought, why not try my hand at reviewing films? Especially if they are YA adaptations. So, here goes.


Release Date: September 19th, 2014



My Rating

5


My Review

There have been plenty of films released this year that were based off of YA novels. And many of them received a lot of hype.

Well, The Maze Runner just blew all the rest of them out of the water. 

The film opens right in the heart of the conflict (or what will become the conflict, at least) in which Thomas (portrayed by Dylan O'Brien (if you heard a sound at the mention of his name, that was millions of girls all swooning at once) waking up, confused and with no memory, in a rising cage and being thrust into the Glade. From there on, the fast-pacing will keep viewers at the edge of their seats.

The visuals are incredible. Man, what a setting. The maze itself is a star, and the Grievers are sure to creep you the hell out. The audio paired brilliantly. I'm pretty sure I'll be dreaming of those maze sounds for the next couple of weeks.

I can't go on about this film forever, as such an action packed film shouldn't have a review that runs on for hours. But, to be honest, I don't have much to complain about. It had everything I could have asked for. All the characters were brilliant, and it's quite the entertainment ride.

I can tell you this: I laughed, I cried, and, frankly, I think it deserves MORE hype.

So, go see The Maze Runner in theaters on Friday, or you'll be a shank.

No comments:

Post a Comment